Student Loans

University of Illinois manages and collects the following Campus Based Student Loan Programs:

  • University of Illinois Institutional Loans
  • Federal Perkins Loans (effective 9/30/17 the Perkins Loan Program officially ended so no new Perkins Loans will be awarded after the 2017-2018 academic year)
  • Federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) loan programs:
    • Nursing Student Loans (NSL)
    • Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP)
    • Health Professions Student Loans (HPSL)
    • Primary Care Loans (PCL)
    • Loans for Disadvantaged Students (LDS)

When students graduate or drop below half time, their Campus Based Loans enter a 6 or 9 month (depending on Loan Program) grace period before repayment begins. 

After 8/30/2019 Conduent Education will no longer be servicing your University of Illinois Campus Based Student Loan(s).

ECSI will be the new servicer for your University of Illinois Campus Based Student Loan(s). You will receive notification from ECSI toward the end of September 2019, providing instructions for accessing ECSI’s system to view and pay your University of Illinois Campus Based Student Loan(s).

Please note that if you are presently signed up for e-billing and/or automatic payments with Conduent, these agreements will be terminated effective 8/30/2019. You will need to make new billing and payment arrangements with ECSI once you have received instructions for accessing the ECSI system.   

All University of Illinois Campus Based Student Loans are reported to one or more national credit bureau(s) so it is imperative that borrowers repay their Loan(s) on time to maintain good credit history. Delinquent Loans will be referred for collection. University of Illinois collection activities include:

  • Reporting delinquent Loan(s) to one or more national credit bureau(s)
  • Filing a claim with the IL Comptroller State Offset System against any monies due the student from the State of Illinois
  • Emailing, mailing, or calling the borrower to repay the Loan(s)
  • If the above efforts fail, referring defaulted Loan(s) to an external collection agency (see Collection Partners).

Contact Information

If you have a question about a student loan, please email us at or you may call us at 312-413-0303.

Please include your University Identification Number (UIN) if you remember it, together with your current mailing address and phone number in the body of your email.